GCC message 16th October 2016
(Genesis 1:26-28 ESV)
26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness (family approach). And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” (Dominion is not over the woman).(Genesis 1:26-28 ESV)
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them (equality).
(Genesis 1:26-28 ESV)
28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion (families are blessed) over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth
Statements to think about:
- Families are designed in heaven, implemented on earth and perfected in heaven.
- Marriage is as hard and as soft as your heart, thus work on your heart.
- An Ideal Family defines drives and defends its members.
- We (individuals and couples/families) were designed to live by faith all the way.
- Creation is continuous by Decision, Proclamation and Action.
- Its dangerous to fall in love; decide and move into it as the Holy Spirit leads.
- Don’t relate because it feels good, relate because it’s God’s will.
Facts to Face:
- There is no perfect partner, wife or husband. There is no perfect family on earth after Gen.3.
- We are not called to marry families. We marry individuals and form families. We move and Cleave.
- Be ready for change, as an individual and as a family.
- External beauty must fade; focus on the internal beauty as years go by.
Authenticity Principle (Origin & Destiny): God is the author and finisher of all families. There is creational power and unique destinies in every family.
Alfa & Omega Principle (Lifestyle): Every family is the first and the last. We are made uniquely in the image of God; personally and as a Family. Mystery….!
Theocratic Principle (Leadership base): The man is King (see before), Priest (see more), and Prophet (see far).
Three Aspects of Man:
The Spiritual: The invisible, imperishable, living being; portion of God in us. Remain connected to God and always obey.
The Mental: Invisible, perishable, social component for the spirit to use. Let the Spirit lead in line with scripture.
The Physical: Visible, perishable container for the Spirit and mind to operate. Keep it worthy of the Holy Spirit to duel always. The body points to the mind and the mind points to the Spirit.
Uniqueness of Men
Men focus on one thing at a time; avoid crowding them.
Men need time to process mental tasks; they see the big picture. Give them space
Men have few words and when they are in the empty box, be understanding.
Men are thoughtful, less emotional and take longer to heal.
Men are action-oriented; don’t imprison them in one situation.
Uniqueness of Women
- Things are linked together in life always. They may add what men are not aware of.
- Details now matter more than the big picture.
- Women always have a lot going on that needs to be released; listen to them.
- Women enjoy touch and relaxation in one place.
- Women are emotional; easily hurt and easily healed.
Invisible Enemy of Marriage
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Signs of spiritual attack:
- Dreaming snakes, sex, dogs, endless escape, crying, failing to cross or to climb, etc.
- Frustrated anticipations of happiness.
- Negative body responses to romantic situations; such as dryness, pains, weakness, etc.
- Poverty sustainers, such as accidents, sickness, court cases, robbery, losses in business, etc.
Deliverance Procedure:Forgive all that have hurt you, directly and indirectly.
Repent your sins and those of your ancestors.
Pronounce your positioning in Christ and denounce satanic connections.
Dedicate your life to the rule of Jesus Christ.
Worship the Lord in word, offering and service in God’s Kingdom.
''..and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.''