THE TOFALI PROJECT by the Kattikiro of Buganda
He saw the need.
The kings tombs were burnt down.
The walls were all down and rotten.
The kingdom was suffering from poverty.
People were complaining and seeking ebyaffe.
He saw potential.
The kingdom has many people.
They all love their tribe and their king
He rallied the people.
Let us rebuild the kingdom.
You do not have to do much, just contribute a little but everyone has to get involved.
THERE IS ANOTHER BROKENESS IN THIS LAND.
Nehemiah 2:17 “Then I said to them, “You see the trouble we are in, how Jerusalem lies in ruins with its gates burned. Come, let us build the wall of Jerusalem, that we may no longer suffer derision.” 18And I told them of the hand of my God that had been upon me for good, and also of the words that the king had spoken to me. And they said, “Let us rise up and build.” So they strengthened their hands for the good work. ”
Ø This may be in your family
In a country where, it is said that 80% are Christian, we are ranked one of the most corrupt countries in the world.
In a country where several young men died for the faith, the Uganda Martyrs, we still have human sacrifice, we still have cannibals.
We still rank one of the countries with the highest alcoholic countries.
When you come down to our homes, how many of our children are on our streets, how many are in Kampirigisa? What about broken homes, and about those bound by demonic strongholds and what about the poverty that is biting many of us?
The answer here is not more foreign aid, not another political party, it is not another term or no change. The answer is in a man, and that man is Jesus.
He said “I have come that they may have life and have it in abundancy”. He said “I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against that church”.
IT IS THE CHURCH. WE HAVE THE JESUS, WE HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT AND WE HAVE THE PEOPLE.
HE NEEDS CALLS US TO ACTION
Every Israelite should lend a hand toward the building up of Jerusalem.
The work was divided, so that every one might know what he had to do, and mind it, with a desire to excel; yet without contention, or separate interests.
- A group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport.
§ Two or more people working together.
- (Team up) come together as a team to achieve a common goal: he teamed up with the band to produce the album.
Feelings of camaraderie among the members of a group, enabling them to cooperate and work well together.
• GENESIS 11: 1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar[b] and settled there. 3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.” 5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The LORD said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”
- MORE THAN ONE
- A TEAM HAS A MEMBERSHIP (BELONG)
- COMMON GOAL, UNITY OF PURPOSE
- SAME LANGUAGE,
- THE TEAM’S GOALS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN AN INDIVIDUAL GOALS
- RESULT: THEY WILL SUCCEED OR WIN
WHAT CAN LEAD TO A TEAM’S FAILURE?
- Change of language; that is what God did because their cause was not godly.
CHURCH IS SUPPOSED TO BE A TEAM
1 CORINTHIANS 12
• 12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ
• 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
• 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
• 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. 27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
• One body different parts
• Each part has a function and each function so important for the health of all.
• God decided what each part could be. God gifted us as He desired
• The success of the body is when each does what it is intended to be.
• The church is a team with different players and each of us contributes to its success
• Honor for each member contributes to the health of the team.
All of the Jews in Jerusalem were part of the project.
No one was bigger than the other it was a concern for all.
They used the skills: the brick layers, the wood workers, the metal workers
The men worked and the women worked, the father worked and the sons worked.
The priests also worked just as the common lay people worked.
IT WAS THEIR PROJECT. GOD IS CALLING US TO THINK LIKE THAT ALSO.
HOW SOCCER IS LIKE A CHURCH
• You have to belong, in order to play ( church membership )
• You have to believe in the team in order to belong. (If you don’t like the church’s vision you don’t have to belong).
• Each player has a part to play ( different gifts & abilities)
• Success depends on team work ( unity of purpose is what leads to success)
• The purpose is to win not for individuals to make a name. ( church exists to fulfill great commission and for our purposes to do our mission)
• GCC MISSION- We are a church being equipped in small group fellowships (life groups) to be worshippers, God fearing, successful people, reaching our community and nations for Christ.
• Even a good player cannot win alone he needs a team. ( we all need each other to fulfill God’s call on our lives.)
• A good player gets results only after a lot of practice and discipline. ( being careful the way we walk)
• The game has rules, we can only play by the rules. ( We have the Bible as our Manual book)
• Each team has an owner ( God), a manager, a coach (the pastors & 5-fold ministers) and a captain ( team leaders)
· Together brings strength.
· There is joy in each one participating in the work.
· There is ownership, if you have not worked, contributed, invested, you cannot be proud that you own.
· Each does his part and together we contribute to the whole.
· Each person brings a skill, a resource and an ability.
WHAT MAKES TEAMS SUCCESFULL
1. They all move in the same direction.
2. There has to be a leader, and leaders may not be the most gifted but God brings them to rally the team to one goal or one vision.
3. Teams usually help us to do big things.
TO WORK IN A TEAM YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT TO OTHERS
“If you want to walk fast walk alone but if you want to walk far walk with others.”
WHAT DO WE SEE?
A church with thousands of people reaching thousands of people.
I see these three service packed with people.
I see another 4th service here.
I see several campuses all over the city. At least 4 in the next 5 years.
Each of us will have to do something about his church.
If you want the church to have many people, then every Sunday you purpose to bring an extra person.
If you want the church to be hospitable, this may be the time for you to sign up to serve as a greeter, usher, those who parker people’s cars e.t.c
Do you want our children’s ministry to be great, this is the time to say I will serve twice a month there, in the second or third service.
Each of us will have to give his part financially for us to do the big task of changing the world. The small earner will give what he has and those with millions will give in the millions.
RE-BUILDING THE WALLS OF THE CITY.
JESUS SAYS: “I have come that they may have life.
For this purpose was the son of man manifested that he may destroy the works of the evil one.
Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden.”
WE ARE GOD’S ANSWER TO THIS NATION. AND IT WILL TAKE A TEAM TO DO IT.